Roasted Corn Soup
Posted under Soups
Ingredients for Soup
- 1 Large sweet onion
- 1 Poblano pepper
- 5-6 Shishito peppers
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 pint of half and half
- 1 pod of roasted garlic
- 8 ears of sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne
- 2 quarts of water
Ingredients for vegan pesto
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1/2 a lemon for juice
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1/4 cup of evoo
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of any creole seasonings (tony's works great)
- Pour two quarts of water in a large pot. Add all ears of corn to the water once it is boiling.
- Cook corn in boiling water for 10-15 mins.
- In a sauce pan on medium add butter, roasted garlic, chopped sweet onions. shishito peppers, and poblano peppers till caramelized. Reduce hear to simmer
- Remove corn from water and allow corn to cool before cutting the kernels off the cob. Keep the corn broth in the large pot for the soup.
- Add half the corn kernels to the sauce pan with the onions and peppers; allow to simmer for another 15 mins.
- Pour the remaining kernels into a blender along with one to two cups of the broth, and puree’.
- Add the puree corn, and all the ingredients from the sauce pan to the corn broth. Bring soup to a boil, then immediately simmer for 25 mins.
- Add the pint of half and half, salt, and cayenne.
Place all ingredients into a blender, and puree for 1 minute or until a creamy consistency.