Shrimp with Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large heavy sauce pan, heat oil and butter. Sautee red peppers, onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the seafood stock. Bring to a boil for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the flour until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the cream and return to a boil and cook another 8 minutes longer.
- Add the shrimp and cook until plump and pink, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve warm shrimp and sauce over fried green tomatoes, eggplant or grits.