Farmers Market OPEN from 9 AM to 1 Pm on December 9th
- 4 cups diced sweet potato (3-4 small)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. whole milk (or preferred %)
- 1 tbsp. red stick spice Vietnamese cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. local honey
- 2 tbsp. raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pecans
- Place a large pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut in half longwise. Cut each half into three strips then cube into medium-sized chunks. Add to pot.
- Let boil for 12 minutes or until tender with a fork.
- Strain and place in a large bowl. Mash with a large spoon and add butter, honey and sugar and mix until well blended. Add milk and spices and mix well.
- Place in a small oven safe dish and cover top in chopped roasted pecans. Bake for 5 minutes. *optional (Be careful not to burn pecans.)