MARKET CLOSED JULY 4TH×
Directions for Relish:
1. Wash melon skin thoroughly under cool running water.
2. Pick a melon and cut off the ends of each to stabilize the melon, then peel off thin strips in smooth vertical pieces. Repeat with the second melon.
3. Wash and cut cucumber in half before peeling using the process in step two.
4. Cut melons and cucumber in four pieces curving around the seeded centers. Cut one fourth of each melon in thin strips and then dice it in small pieces. Repeat with the cucumber and place all in a medium bowl.
5. Rinse and mince the mint and add it to the bowl.
6. Cut a shallot in half and peel it. Dice it and mince it by running the knife over the pieces. Add to bowl.
7. Cut a small jalapeño in half and remove the seeds and ribs. Cut into thin strips before dicing it into small pieces and adding it to the bowl.
8. Add vinegar and pepper, stir well, cover and refrigerate.
9. Let chill and serve with the protein of your choice.