Posted under Soups
- 2 qt chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 qt saute greens, rough chop
- 1 c carrots
- 2 T shallot, minced
- 1 T minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 c tasso, diced
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1/4 c green onion
- 1 c basil, cut into ribbons
- Saute shallot and garlic until slightly soft. Add carrot and cook 3 minutes.
- Add stock, tasso, and bay leaf and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the soup while it is simmering. Once the shrimp are half-cooked, add the greens, basil, and green onion.