1. In a large bowl, add vinegar and sugar and mix with a whisk or fork until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Whisk in olive oil and salt and pepper until well incorporated. (1-2 minutes)
3. Rinse the kale well and stack 3 to 5 similar-sized leaves and slice into thin ribbons before adding to the bowl with the vinaigrette.
4. Using a potato peeler, remove the outside skin from the turnips.
5. Using a cheese grater, grate the turnips, zucchini and squash and put the veggies into the bowl.
6. Chop green onion and then mince it into small bits before adding it to the bowl.
7. Add seasonings and mix together thoroughly with either tongs, a spoon or by gloved hand.