We are OPEN Saturday, January 22
Pickled Onion and Strawberry Salad
Posted under Salads
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- 1 cup of sliced onion (1 small)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. strawberry ghost pepper jam (Lena Farm)
- 1 cup shredded arugula
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- Add apple cider vinegar and jam to a medium-sized bowl and mix well with a fork until well blended.
- Cut an onion in half then peel each half. Slice each half thinly and add to the vinegar mixture. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and slice strawberries and add to the bowl of pickled onion.
- Rinse and chop parsley and arugula and add it and seasoning to the bowl. Mix well.
- Plate and enjoy.