- 3 to 4 pounds fresh vegetables, prepared
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fresh herbs, if desired
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Chop the vegetables or roast them whole. The larger the pieces, the longer it will take to roast. Toss the vegetables with olive oil, fresh herbs, and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet, cast iron pan, or a roasting pan.
- Keep in mind that the harder the vegetable and larger the size, the longer it will take to roast. Whole beets can take an hour or more, while asparagus will roast up in about 10 minutes.
- Test for doneness by piercing the vegetable with a knife.
- Serve the roasted vegetables with toasted nuts, bread crumbs, or grated cheese on top.
You can roast most vegetables i.e. squash, zucchini, beets, asparagus, potatoes, sweet potatoes