- 12 oz. linguine
- 1 1/2 lbs extra large shrimp*, peeled and deviened
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes(optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Cook linguine according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water before draining in case you’d like to thin the dish later.
Meanwhile, melt butter with olive oil in a 12-inch skillet just over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 1 – 2 minutes until just lightly golden (don’t brown or it can taste bitter).
Add wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 2 – 3 minutes.
Add in shrimp in an even layer season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes per side.
Stir in lemon juice and a parsley then toss shrimp and sauce with pasta. Thin with pasta water as needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy!