Drive-Thru Farmers Market Thursday×
1. Peel and devein shrimp and add to a ziploc bag and refrigerate until ready to use. In a medium-sized bowl add vinegar and jam and whisk until jam is dissolved.
2. Add olive oil slowly while continuing to whisk. Squeeze lemon juice in, seeded side up to avoid getting seeds in the mixture and add in half of the remaining ingredients for the marinade. *If preferred, preheat the oven to warm your tortillas.
3. Mix until well blended and then add to the bag of shrimp and add in remaining seasoning. Close bag and massage the mixture gently to distribute marinade evenly. Set aside until ready to cook.
4. In the same bowl from the marinade, add the honey and jam with vinegar and dissolve by whisking. Add in half the seasonings and whisk until well incorporated. Set aside for slaw.
5. Remove large outer leaves from cabbage and rinse thoroughly. Cut off the end of the cabbage for stability and place it cut side down on the board. Cut in half and remove the core from one half of the cabbage.
6. Cut four strips into cabbage about an inch from the narrow end. This will make it easier to keep the cabbage together while you thinly slice it. Slice the cabbage and add it to a large bowl.
7. Rinse and peel roots vegetables using a potato peeler. Grate each vegetable into the bowl with the cabbage. Add dressing and remaining seasoning and toss gently with a spoon. Set aside until ready to plate.
8. Rinse arugula and lovage. Cut off long stems of arugula and chop into strips. Chop lovage like you would parsley and add both to a medium-sized bowl. Rinse bowl from marinade and slaw dressing and squeeze in half of a lemon, seeded side up and whisk with the olive oil. Add to the bowl with the greens and toss with a spoon.
9. *If warming, add tortillas to a non-stick baking sheet and brush each with a little water. (You can use a wet paper towel, a clean wet hand or a fine mist spray bottle). Place in the oven.
10. Place a tsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan heats (2-3 minutes) add the shrimp in an even layer. After 3 minutes of cooking, sprinkle with remaining lemon juice and flip the shrimp to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
11. Remove tortillas from the oven with one minute remaining on the shrimp. The shrimp should be white. If so remove from heat. If at all gray or translucent, cook an additional minute.
12. Chop shrimp and then make tacos.