Saturday Market Closed Nov. 25
- 1 medium sweet potato, roasted and peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided (note: one tablespoon in the sweet potato spread and ½ Tablespoon for the kale)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- One recipe whole wheat pizza dough (recipe included)
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (or more, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon crushed pecans, from Plantation Pecan
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- To roast the potato, poke holes in it and place it in the oven for 20-25 minutes, depending on the diameter of the potato. Remove and let it cool and peel it (eat the peel with a little butter. Yum)
- In a food processor, pulse potato, 1 tablespoon oil, red pepper (from Red Stick Spice) and a pinch of salt until sauce is smooth.
- Spread potato sauce evenly over prepared pizza dough.
- Toss kale in remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil; top pizza with goat cheese, kale and Parmesan and pecans. Bake until crust is golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Per serving: 322 calories, 10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein