Warm Bacon Kale Salad
Posted under Salads
Recipe by Teresa B. Day
- 1 bunch Kale, curly or flat leaf
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cane/red wine vinegar
- 8 lemon wedges
- Wash and dry the kale. Cut the leaves away from the main stalk.
- Cook the bacon in a deep skillet or Dutch oven. Remove the slices and let drain on a paper towel. Reserve the drippings in the skillet.
- Add the chopped pepper and onion to the pan and cook until just tender.
- Add the kale and cook until wilted to about half the size and bright green. Crumble the bacon into
the kale and add seasonings, sugar and vinegar.
- Serve immediately with a lemon wedge for squeezing onto the salad just before eating.