BREADA Is Better Because of You
Among our favorite things to celebrate is the sense of community that flows from BREADA and the Red Stick Farmers Market. It’s hard to imagine Baton Rouge without the connection of our farmers, customers, staff, partners, and friends. We want to thank you for being part of the fabric of this community. Without you, there would be no market!
Each one is carefully curated & orchestrated by our staff to create economic opportunities for farmers & food artisans, access to fresh and local food for families, & a vibrant gathering place for the community.
In addition to operating 4 locations of the Red Stick Farmers Market, we also:
- Advocate for food policy changes at the state and national levels
- Host farm to school activities in three schools
- Operate Main Street Market six days a week for downtown workers, residents, and visitors
- Offer nutrition incentives to encourage healthy eating
- Provide financial assistance to farmers during natural disasters or crises
BREADA’S Work Benefits:
“The Red Stick Farmers Market opened a door for us to make a living. We started here in ’96, and because of this market, we are still holding on.”
– Andy Berhane, Greenhand Nursery
“Growing up around the market taught me where my food comes from. I love to cook with my mom and see what’s new with the seasons.”
– Leah Smith
“I’ve been coming here for twenty years. I think I enjoy the people as much as I do the food. I feel like I’m part of the family.”
– Phil Yeates